What is vasomotor rhinitis?

Vasomotor rhinitis is an inflamed condition of the inner lining in the nose and is chronic in nature. The lining, also known as the mucous membrane, becomes swollen because of the expansion of the blood vessels. The mucus glands in your nose then produce lots of mucus, which makes your nose feel stuffy and run. Vasomotor rhinitis is also known as nonallergic rhinitis and affects adults and children.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?