What is vasomotor rhinitis?

Vasomotor rhinitis is an inflamed condition of the inner lining in the nose and is chronic in nature. The lining, also known as the mucous membrane, becomes swollen because of the expansion of the blood vessels. The mucus glands in your nose then produce lots of mucus, which makes your nose feel stuffy and run. Vasomotor rhinitis is also known as nonallergic rhinitis and affects adults and children.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?