What is rhinitis medicamentosa?

Rhinitis medicamentosa is a stuffy or runny nose caused by overusing medications such as nasal sprays or drops or using them incorrectly. It is sometimes referred to as "rebound" rhinitis because the medications actually worsen the condition they are meant to improve. Rhinitis medicamentosa can also be caused by other types of medications taken orally.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?