What is neutrophilic rhinosinusitis?

Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis is a type of rhinosinusitis or sinusitis. Rhinosinusitis causes inflammation and swelling of the throat and sinuses. Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis differs from other types of rhinosinusitis because it is often associated with an infection and causes problems like post-nasal drip and sinus pain. Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis can either be acute or chronic.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?