What is neutrophilic rhinosinusitis?

Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis is a type of rhinosinusitis or sinusitis. Rhinosinusitis causes inflammation and swelling of the throat and sinuses. Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis differs from other types of rhinosinusitis because it is often associated with an infection and causes problems like post-nasal drip and sinus pain. Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis can either be acute or chronic.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?