What is choanal atresia?

Choanal atresia is a condition in which the nasal airways are blocked or narrowed by tissue or bone. It is only possible to be born with the condition; it does not develop later in life. Choanal atresia is rare and may can affect the entire nose or only one of the passages. The condition may be more difficult to diagnose when it only affects one side of the nose.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?