What is acute rhinitis?

In rhinitis, the membranes inside the nose become inflamed, causing congestion and a runny nose. Acute, or short-term, rhinitis is most often the result of a cold. In some cases, allergies may also cause this condition.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?