What is a deviated nasal septum?

Your septum is the part of your nose that divides your nostrils. Usually, it should be centered so that your nostrils are the same size. If it is not centered, then you have a deviated septum and one of your nostrils is smaller than the other. This can be something you are born with or it can be caused by an injury. Whatever the case may be, a deviated septum can cause several health complications. You may have trouble breathing, develop sinus infections easily, and be plagued by nasal congestion and nosebleeds.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?