What is infective rhinitis?

You don't feel well, you are tired, and your head feels stuffed. You have been sneezing, and you have a runny nose and a scratchy throat. Most likely you have infective rhinitis or the common cold. Your body has been invaded by any one of over 200 viruses that cause this infection that affects the nose and throat.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?