What increases my risk for infective rhinitis?

Infective rhinitis, or the common cold, is caused by a highly contagious virus. You increase your risk of contracting the virus by contact with someone who has a cold. The fluids that are discharged by the mucous membranes of a person with a cold contain live virus that is easily spread to others. An infected person should use extra precautions to prevent spreading the virus. These precautions include avoiding touching others, coughing and sneezing into tissues and discarding them appropriately, and using hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?