What increases my risk for anosmia?

Your risks for anosmia can be increased by a variety of factors. Seasonal allergies, smoking, sinus infections, and the common cold can damage the lining of your nose and increase your risks for anosmia. In addition, some chemicals and pesticides can damage the nerves that transmit your sense of smell, causing anosmia. To help prevent anosmia, you should quit smoking, wash your hands frequently to avoid getting sick, and avoid excessive exposure to chemicals.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?