What increases my risk for catarrh?

Your risk of developing catarrh is increased when you are in the presence of triggers for irritation. People with weakened immune systems are more likely to develop catarrh from infection. Severe allergies or non-allergic rhinitis put you at greater risk, also. People with nasal polyps should find ways to limit their risk by lessening the polyps.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?