What increases my risk for catarrh?

Your risk of developing catarrh is increased when you are in the presence of triggers for irritation. People with weakened immune systems are more likely to develop catarrh from infection. Severe allergies or non-allergic rhinitis put you at greater risk, also. People with nasal polyps should find ways to limit their risk by lessening the polyps.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?