What could cause excessive sneezing?

There are several factors that could cause sneezing. Any foreign particle that can get past the nasal hairs can stimulate the sneeze reflex. These can include seasonal allergies like those caused by pollen, or dust and pet dander. Strong odors from perfumes, tobacco smoke or cooking can also stimulate sneezing. Viruses, cold or hot weather and drying of the nasal lining are also culprits in excessive sneezing. In rare instances, bright sunlight can also trigger the sneeze reflex.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?