What causes vasomotor rhinitis?

Although the cause of vasometer rhinitis is unknown, several things are known to trigger symptoms. Some triggers include perfume, airborne particles such as dust and pollen, and pollution. Other conditions include hormonal changes, emotional and physical stress, use of certain drugs such as antidepressants, hot and spicy foods, alcohol, and an infection. Strong perfumes, chemical odors, dust, barometric pressure changes, and even bright lights might also trigger vasomotor rhinitis. Dry air makes the condition worse.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?