What causes structural rhinitis?

Structural rhinitis is caused by an abnormality in nasal structure. This could be the result of an injury or the abnormality may be present at birth. Structural rhinitis can be caused by a deviated septum or adenoidal hypertrophy.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my non-allergic rhinitis symptoms?
Symptoms such as nasal congestion are related to non-allergic rhinitis and can recur year-round. In ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?