What causes rhinophyma?

Previously, rhinophyma was assumed to be caused by alcohol consumption, but rhinophyma occurs just as often among people who do not drink alcohol as it does among those who do. Scientists do not yet understand the exact cause of the condition, though it probably has both family and environmental factors. It is also associated with advanced rosacea, a chronic skin condition.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is an irritation of the nasal passages. Allergens in your environment can cause al...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?