What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?

Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen, the body's immune system may react to it, causing a stuffy or runny nose. In perennial allergic rhinitis, the allergen is continually in the person's environment, such as dust mites or animal dander, so symptoms occur during all times of the year.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?