What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?

Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen, the body's immune system may react to it, causing a stuffy or runny nose. In perennial allergic rhinitis, the allergen is continually in the person's environment, such as dust mites or animal dander, so symptoms occur during all times of the year.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?