What causes nose disorders?

Nose disorders may be caused by structural differences like a crooked nose, a tumor, or a deviated septum, or by inflammatory problems like infection or allergies. Each type of nose disorder has its own specific causes. Some of the problems are easily visible to the onlooker, whereas others are hidden in the nasal passages, the nasal cavity, or the sinuses.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?