What causes neutrophilic rhinosinusitis?

Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis often accompanies viral infections like the cold and flu. It can also accompany sinus infections. Both acute and chronic rhinosinusitis result from inflammation of the sinuses. This inflammation of the sinuses can result from issues like infection, allergies, nasal polyps, a deviated septum, tooth infection, irregular adenoids, and certain immune system disorders.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?