What causes neutrophilic rhinosinusitis?

Neutrophilic rhinosinusitis often accompanies viral infections like the cold and flu. It can also accompany sinus infections. Both acute and chronic rhinosinusitis result from inflammation of the sinuses. This inflammation of the sinuses can result from issues like infection, allergies, nasal polyps, a deviated septum, tooth infection, irregular adenoids, and certain immune system disorders.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
When you blow your nose too hard with a cold or sinusitis, this can close the eustachian tube, which...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?