What causes choanal atresia?

What causes choanal atresia is still unknown. It is often present with other conditions at birth. One theory involves the fact that, while developing, fetuses grow a tissue between their nose and mouths. It is speculated that chroanal atresia occurs when this tissue fails to go away like it is supposed to by the time the baby is born.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If your allergic rhinitis symptoms are interfering with your daily life, you should talk to your doc...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?