What causes choanal atresia?

What causes choanal atresia is still unknown. It is often present with other conditions at birth. One theory involves the fact that, while developing, fetuses grow a tissue between their nose and mouths. It is speculated that chroanal atresia occurs when this tissue fails to go away like it is supposed to by the time the baby is born.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
How do I manage nose disorders on a daily basis?
Managing nose disorders may be as simple as keeping your nasal passages clear by blowing your nose. ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?