What causes anosmia?

Many factors can cause anosmia. Some common causes include smoking, allergies, or a blockage in the nose. Trauma from a head injury, brain tumor, or aging can also cause the condition. Anosmia can be temporary or chronic, depending on the cause. It is very rare for a person to be born with anosmia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?