What are the symptoms of rhinophyma?

The symptoms of rhinophyma are specific to the nose. They include an enlarged nose, thickening and reddening of the skin, a bulbous shape to the nose, waxy-looking yellowing of the skin surface, and numerous enlarged oil glands. The nose may also have a condition called telangiectasis, which are permanently dilated blood vessels close to the surface of the skin.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Nasal congestion can impair your hearing if it causes your eustachian tubes to be blocked. Whether t...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?