What are the symptoms of catarrh?

Symptoms of catarrh affect the parts of the body where mucous is present. Irritation of the nasal airway results in a stuffy, runny, or congested nose. Mucus consistently running down the back of the throat leads to redness and pain. Sinus congestion causes a headache or facial pain. Congestion in the ear cavities can result in hearing difficulties. Catarrh can also result in loss of taste and smell and fatigue.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?