What are nose disorders?

Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose due to structural or inflammatory issues. The most common disorders include a deviated septum, rhinitis, nosebleeds, and nasal polyps. Other problems related to the nose may be such issues as a nose fracture; polychondritis, which is a rare disease causing cartilage inflammation; nasal vestibulitis, which is an infection in the nostrils; or cancer.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?