What are the alternative treatment options for infective rhinitis?

Some alternative treatments (herbal, mineral, and vitamin) have been suggested for infective rhinitis (a common cold). These include Echinacea supplements, medications containing zinc, and vitamin c. Medical research has not shown these alternative options to be effective in reducing the length or severity of symptoms.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?