What are the alternative treatment options for infective rhinitis?

Some alternative treatments (herbal, mineral, and vitamin) have been suggested for infective rhinitis (a common cold). These include Echinacea supplements, medications containing zinc, and vitamin c. Medical research has not shown these alternative options to be effective in reducing the length or severity of symptoms.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?