What activities should someone with infective rhinitis avoid?

When someone has infective rhinitis (common cold), the person usually feels slightly ill and tired. It is best to give the body as much rest as possible. Avoid strenuous physical activities. The first few days of the infection are when the person is most likely to pass the virus to others. Staying home from work or school during that time will give the body time to rest and fight the infection as well as prevent spreading the virus to others.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?