What activities should someone with infective rhinitis avoid?

When someone has infective rhinitis (common cold), the person usually feels slightly ill and tired. It is best to give the body as much rest as possible. Avoid strenuous physical activities. The first few days of the infection are when the person is most likely to pass the virus to others. Staying home from work or school during that time will give the body time to rest and fight the infection as well as prevent spreading the virus to others.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?