Is vasomotor rhinitis serious?

Vasomotor rhinitis is not serious. However, you can develop complications as part of the disease. Those include nasal polyps, which can block the nasal passages if they get large enough; chronic sinusitis, which is sinus congestion over a long period of time; and ear infections. In addition your constantly runny nose can interfere with your normal tasks, resulting in lost productivity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do medications treat nose disorders?
Medications used to treat nose disorders usually work on reducing the inflammation that causes the d...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?