Is vasomotor rhinitis serious?

Vasomotor rhinitis is not serious. However, you can develop complications as part of the disease. Those include nasal polyps, which can block the nasal passages if they get large enough; chronic sinusitis, which is sinus congestion over a long period of time; and ear infections. In addition your constantly runny nose can interfere with your normal tasks, resulting in lost productivity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is an irritation of the nasal passages. Allergens in your environment can cause al...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?