Does vasomotor rhinitis run in families?

Vasomotor rhinitis does not run in families. It is an inflamed condition of the nasal membranes that causes sneezing, nasal congestion, and a runny nose. It occurs mostly in response to environmental factors such as smog, dust, chemical vapors, and changes in temperature and humidity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?