Does vasomotor rhinitis run in families?

Vasomotor rhinitis does not run in families. It is an inflamed condition of the nasal membranes that causes sneezing, nasal congestion, and a runny nose. It occurs mostly in response to environmental factors such as smog, dust, chemical vapors, and changes in temperature and humidity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?