How does vasomotor rhinitis affect the body?

Vasomotor rhinitis is a chronic condition that causes expansion of the nasal blood vessels. The nasal lining or the mucous membrane swells up with fluid and blood, and its color varies from bright red to purple. The result is nasal congestion and stuffiness, and in some cases inflamed sinuses.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?