How does vasomotor rhinitis affect the body?

Vasomotor rhinitis is a chronic condition that causes expansion of the nasal blood vessels. The nasal lining or the mucous membrane swells up with fluid and blood, and its color varies from bright red to purple. The result is nasal congestion and stuffiness, and in some cases inflamed sinuses.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?