What are the treatment options for rhinitis medicamentosa?

The typical treatment of rhinitis medicamentosa is discontinuing use of the medicated nasal sprays or drops causing the condition. In some cases, discontinuing use of the medication can cause a worsening of the symptoms. In those cases, a combination of antihistamines and decongestants taken by mouth may also be prescribed by your Doctor.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?