What are the treatment options for rhinitis medicamentosa?

The typical treatment of rhinitis medicamentosa is discontinuing use of the medicated nasal sprays or drops causing the condition. In some cases, discontinuing use of the medication can cause a worsening of the symptoms. In those cases, a combination of antihistamines and decongestants taken by mouth may also be prescribed by your Doctor.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?