What are the treatment options for neutrophilic rhinosinusitis?

Treatment options for neutrophilic rhinosinusitis are much the same as those used for regular rhinosinusitis. General symptoms of rhinosinusitis can be treated through decongestants, saline spray, pain relievers, antibiotics, antifungal medications, and immunotherapy. The specific symptoms of neutrophilic rhinosinusitis can be treated by decongestants and nasal saline solution. However, if the sinuses are infected it is best to use antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?