What are the treatment options for neutrophilic rhinosinusitis?

Treatment options for neutrophilic rhinosinusitis are much the same as those used for regular rhinosinusitis. General symptoms of rhinosinusitis can be treated through decongestants, saline spray, pain relievers, antibiotics, antifungal medications, and immunotherapy. The specific symptoms of neutrophilic rhinosinusitis can be treated by decongestants and nasal saline solution. However, if the sinuses are infected it is best to use antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?