What treatment options are available for a deviated septum?

Treatment options for a deviated septum include medications and surgery. Medications are used to control symptoms, while surgery is used to fix the problem altogether. If you are experiencing mild symptoms of nasal congestion you might be able to get by using a decongestant or an antihistamine, but these medications will not actually fix the problem and even if your symptoms clear up they will most likely return. Surgery on the other hand can often provide a permanent solution by repositioning your septum in the center of your nose. This procedure is referred to as septoplasty.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?