What treatment options are available for a deviated septum?

Treatment options for a deviated septum include medications and surgery. Medications are used to control symptoms, while surgery is used to fix the problem altogether. If you are experiencing mild symptoms of nasal congestion you might be able to get by using a decongestant or an antihistamine, but these medications will not actually fix the problem and even if your symptoms clear up they will most likely return. Surgery on the other hand can often provide a permanent solution by repositioning your septum in the center of your nose. This procedure is referred to as septoplasty.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?