Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?

As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to common risks such as postoperative bleeding, or reaction to anesthesia, you can experience several other problems after surgery to resolve structural issues related to nose disorders, including infection, numbness, or further nasal obstruction. On the other hand, your sense of smell should improve, and your voice might change.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?