Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?

The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, air humidifiers, and drinking plenty of water can help with nasal congestion and other signs of inflammation. Various herbs and dietary supplements have also been used to treat symptoms such as nasal congestion and runny nose. Structural problems such as a deviated septum must be treated surgically.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?