What are the symptoms of choanal atresia?

Symptoms of choanal atresia are almost always identified in babies and include difficulty breathing, bluish discoloration when the baby is not crying, and nasal discharge through one of the two nasal passageways. Another indicator is if an infant is breathing through the mouth, as babies usually only breathe this way when crying. You may also notice that your baby has trouble breathing while nursing.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?