What are the symptoms of choanal atresia?

Symptoms of choanal atresia are almost always identified in babies and include difficulty breathing, bluish discoloration when the baby is not crying, and nasal discharge through one of the two nasal passageways. Another indicator is if an infant is breathing through the mouth, as babies usually only breathe this way when crying. You may also notice that your baby has trouble breathing while nursing.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my non-allergic rhinitis symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Symptoms such as nasal congestion are related to non-allergic rhinitis and can recur year-round. In ...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?