Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?

A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a symptom of a nose disorder. Nose disorders are caused by structural damage or by infection or inflammation. When the nose is irritated from any of these conditions, nasal congestion may result from the swollen blood vessels and nasal tissue.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?