Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?

A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a symptom of a nose disorder. Nose disorders are caused by structural damage or by infection or inflammation. When the nose is irritated from any of these conditions, nasal congestion may result from the swollen blood vessels and nasal tissue.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do I manage nose disorders on a daily basis?
Managing nose disorders may be as simple as keeping your nasal passages clear by blowing your nose. ...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?