Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?

A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a symptom of a nose disorder. Nose disorders are caused by structural damage or by infection or inflammation. When the nose is irritated from any of these conditions, nasal congestion may result from the swollen blood vessels and nasal tissue.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?