Should I talk to my doctor about my rhinitis medicamentosa?

If you are experiencing nasal congestion and inflammation and medicated sprays or drops are not producing relief, you should speak with your doctor about rhinitis medicamentosa. This is particularly true if you do not typically suffer from allergies or have an infection that would be a source of the symptoms. If you have been using medicated sprays or drops in your nose for more than three days with an increase in symptoms, the medications themselves may be the cause.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is an irritation of the nasal passages. Allergens in your environment can cause al...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?