Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?

Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to other conditions, which may be more or less serious than a simple runny nose. Sometimes nose disorders will need medical intervention. A nosebleed that will not stop, for example, is a medical emergency. Fever and severe headache are also signs of a more serious problem. For milder symptoms (like sinus pain and nasal obstruction), see your doctor if they persist for more than 10 days.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
What are the treatment options for perennial allergic rhinitis?
Dr. Christopher Maloney, NDDr. Christopher Maloney, ND
A large number of alternative treatments treat allergic rhinitis. Many programs and supplements focu...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?