Should I talk to my doctor about my infective rhinitis symptoms?

If you have infective rhinitis (a common cold) you probably do not need to see a doctor. However, you should talk to your doctor about your symptoms if they are severe or persistent. A low-grade fever sometimes accompanies a cold, but a high fever should always be reported to a doctor. A common cold should not last longer than 10-14 days. If symptoms last longer, it may signal a secondary infection that your doctor may need to treat with prescription medications.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?