Should I talk to my doctor about my catarrh symptoms?

Most cases of catarrh will clear up in several days and are caused by minor infections or temporary allergies. These can be treated on your own by decongestants and do not require a trip to the doctor. If your symptoms persist longer than several days, you should go to the doctor to see if there is an underlying cause like chronic catarrh. These causes might require more intensive diagnostic skills or prescription treatment. Consider seeing your doctor also if your symptoms take a turn for the worse, or worsen an existing problem like asthma.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?