Should I talk to my doctor about my anosmia symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor if you are unable to smell odors, because you may have anosmia. Your doctor can prescribe medicine to clear up an allergy or sinus infection if this is the cause of your condition. In addition, your doctor can remove a blockage that may be preventing your ability to smell. In some cases, anosmia may be caused by a more serious condition, so it is important to have your doctor do a physical exam to check for the cause of your anosmia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?