Should I talk to my doctor about my anosmia symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor if you are unable to smell odors, because you may have anosmia. Your doctor can prescribe medicine to clear up an allergy or sinus infection if this is the cause of your condition. In addition, your doctor can remove a blockage that may be preventing your ability to smell. In some cases, anosmia may be caused by a more serious condition, so it is important to have your doctor do a physical exam to check for the cause of your anosmia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?