Should I see a doctor about my deviated septum symptoms?

If your deviated septum is affecting your quality of life you should definitely talk to your doctor about it. They may be able to prescribe medications to help control symptoms like nasal congestion and sinus infections and if your deviation is bad enough, they may even suggest surgery to fix it. If this is the case you will most likely be referred to an otolaryngologist. An otolaryngologist is a doctor that specializes in treating conditions affecting the ears, nose, and throat. With the right surgery, symptoms caused by a deviated septum will often clear up completely.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does perennial allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Like seasonal allergic rhinitis caused by seasonal allergies, perennial allergic rhinitis occurs whe...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
When you blow your nose too hard with a cold or sinusitis, this can close the eustachian tube, which...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?