How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?

Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective methods is to use nasal saline washes such as saline sprays or products similar to a neti pot, which allows good clearance of congestion. Decongestant sprays such as Afrin may be used in the short term but for no more than three days in a row or your congestion symptoms will get worse. Prescription nasal sprays such as Flonase or Nasacort may be prescribed if your physician feels it is medically necessary.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?