How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?

Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective methods is to use nasal saline washes such as saline sprays or products similar to a neti pot, which allows good clearance of congestion. Decongestant sprays such as Afrin may be used in the short term but for no more than three days in a row or your congestion symptoms will get worse. Prescription nasal sprays such as Flonase or Nasacort may be prescribed if your physician feels it is medically necessary.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?