Does rhinophyma run in families?

Scientists are still unsure whether or not rhinophyma runs in families. The condition is found most often in men of Irish and English descent. Scientists currently believe that rosacea, the condition which in severe stages can lead to rhinophyma, occurs from a combination of environmental and hereditary factors, so some kind of genetic link is likely.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?