Does rhinophyma run in families?

Scientists are still unsure whether or not rhinophyma runs in families. The condition is found most often in men of Irish and English descent. Scientists currently believe that rosacea, the condition which in severe stages can lead to rhinophyma, occurs from a combination of environmental and hereditary factors, so some kind of genetic link is likely.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?