How does rhinophyma affect men differently than women?

Rhinophyma occurs much more commonly among men than women; it occurs between five and 30 times more often in men. Although rhinophyma is associated with rosacea, which occurs more frequently in women, women with rosacea tend to have the condition treated sooner than men do, and may avoid symptoms of advanced rosacea. Another possibility is that male hormones contribute to the development of rhinophyma.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?