How does rhinophyma affect men differently than women?

Rhinophyma occurs much more commonly among men than women; it occurs between five and 30 times more often in men. Although rhinophyma is associated with rosacea, which occurs more frequently in women, women with rosacea tend to have the condition treated sooner than men do, and may avoid symptoms of advanced rosacea. Another possibility is that male hormones contribute to the development of rhinophyma.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
Should I talk to my doctor about my non-allergic rhinitis symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Symptoms such as nasal congestion are related to non-allergic rhinitis and can recur year-round. In ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?