Does rhinitis medicamentosa run in families?

Rhinitis medicamentosa does not run in families. It is caused by the overuse or misuse of medicated nasal sprays or drops. It can also be caused by the use of other medications.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
Are allergies the same as nose disorders?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
The nose is just one of many parts of the body that can be affected by allergies. And nose disorders...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?