Does rhinitis medicamentosa run in families?

Rhinitis medicamentosa does not run in families. It is caused by the overuse or misuse of medicated nasal sprays or drops. It can also be caused by the use of other medications.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is an irritation of the nasal passages. Allergens in your environment can cause al...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?