Is rhinitis medicamentosa contagious?

Although it has symptoms that resemble the common cold, you cannot catch rhinitis medicamentosa as if it were a virus. The condition is most commonly caused by the overuse or misuse of nasal decongestant sprays or drops. Symptoms include a stuffy or runny nose, inflammation of the nasal passages, and postnasal drip.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?