Does rhinitis medicamentosa affect children differently than adults?

Rhinitis medicamentosa does not affect children differently than adults. However, it is more common in adults because the condition is caused by medicated nasal sprays and drops that children generally are not able to access. If these medications are given to children in excess or improperly, though, the condition can occur.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Nasal congestion can impair your hearing if it causes your eustachian tubes to be blocked. Whether t...
Should I talk to my doctor about my non-allergic rhinitis symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Symptoms such as nasal congestion are related to non-allergic rhinitis and can recur year-round. In ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?