Does rhinitis medicamentosa affect children differently than adults?

Rhinitis medicamentosa does not affect children differently than adults. However, it is more common in adults because the condition is caused by medicated nasal sprays and drops that children generally are not able to access. If these medications are given to children in excess or improperly, though, the condition can occur.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?