What is the rate of incidence for choanal atresia?

Choanal atresia is rare Approximately one in every 7,000 to 10,000 births results in a newborn with choanal atresia. The disorder often occurs with other congenital conditions.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?