What is the rate of incidence for rhinophyma?

Rhinophyma is a fairly rare condition. Rosacea, the condition which in its end stages can lead to rhinophyma, is much more common. In the United States, about 14 million people have rosacea. A survey of people with rosacea found that 21 percent of men and 8 percent of women with rosacea had rhinophyma.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?