What is the rate of incidence for rhinophyma?

Rhinophyma is a fairly rare condition. Rosacea, the condition which in its end stages can lead to rhinophyma, is much more common. In the United States, about 14 million people have rosacea. A survey of people with rosacea found that 21 percent of men and 8 percent of women with rosacea had rhinophyma.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?