How does pulsed dye laser surgery treat rhinophyma?

Dye lasers use different colors of light to address various skin conditions including enlarged blood vessels and problems with pigmentation like rhinophyma. Pulsed lasers emit light in very short, precisely measured pulses, which cause less bleeding and purple discoloration than other surgical methods. Pulsed dye lasers are considered the standard in care for treating blood vessel injuries or lesions, and they are considered effective and safe in the treatment of rhinophyma.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?