How does pulsed dye laser surgery treat rhinophyma?

Dye lasers use different colors of light to address various skin conditions including enlarged blood vessels and problems with pigmentation like rhinophyma. Pulsed lasers emit light in very short, precisely measured pulses, which cause less bleeding and purple discoloration than other surgical methods. Pulsed dye lasers are considered the standard in care for treating blood vessel injuries or lesions, and they are considered effective and safe in the treatment of rhinophyma.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?