How does pulsed dye laser surgery treat rhinophyma?

Dye lasers use different colors of light to address various skin conditions including enlarged blood vessels and problems with pigmentation like rhinophyma. Pulsed lasers emit light in very short, precisely measured pulses, which cause less bleeding and purple discoloration than other surgical methods. Pulsed dye lasers are considered the standard in care for treating blood vessel injuries or lesions, and they are considered effective and safe in the treatment of rhinophyma.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?