Is post-nasal drip a nose disorder?

Post-nasal drip is a symptom of a nose disorder like a deviated septum or infection. Post-nasal drip occurs when the mucus secretions, which normally flow unnoticed, increase or become excessively thick. Thin secretions may be related to a deviated septum, allergies, infection, hormonal changes, and cold air, among other conditions. Thick secretions may be related to infection, dry air, or (usually in children) a foreign object in the nose. When the cause of the post-nasal drip is resolved the symptom should dissipate.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
How do medications treat nose disorders?
Medications used to treat nose disorders usually work on reducing the inflammation that causes the d...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?